Sunday, August 30, 2009

Giving Back














Two or three nights a week I wait tables at a sports bar and restaurant called Champps. I never took the job super seriously, it being my part-time secondary job and all, but today my general manager made me very proud to be working there.

Our company has raised over $586,000 for St. Jude's Children's Hospital, and last year our location alone raised $5000 for the kids of St. Jude's.

Prince Logan, the GM of our Durham restaurant, got to meet some of the kids we are helping, and he was inspired by their strength and courage, and he, in turn, inspired me.

We've raised our goal this year to $10,000, with our big drive beginning in October, so I hope you all come out and give to the kids. Oh, and also enjoy some football on our many HDTVs with an order of wings and an ice cold beer.

/End shameless plug.

No comments:

Post a Comment