Monday, May 31, 2010

In Remembrance of Michael Allen Casp

My name, Michael Casp, is not an original. The original Michael Casp was born in Beaver, Pennsylvania. He played highschool football, and later college football for West Point. He was a team captain, and a leader.

Michael Casp joined the army, and rose to the rank of captain and joined the elite Army Rangers. He fought in Vietnam, and died when his helicopter was shot out of the sky.

His name is now engraved in the Vietnam Memorial in Washington, D.C. I have visited it and still have the rubbing we made somewhere. His name is also engraved on me, Michael Adam Casp, and even though I never met him, I will remember him always, as a beacon of duty, leadership, and love of country.

Today we honor all the fallen soldiers. Please do not forget their memories, or what they gave their lives to defend.

No comments:

Post a Comment